Fund helps Chester Upland School District students succeed
Our Mission and Background
The mission of the Chester Upland Fund for Excellence (CUFFE) is to support the Chester Upland School District in efforts to enhance existing opportunities and develop new programs for the benefit of children in the District.
The Chester Upland Fund for Excellence was established in June of 2014 to promote achievement for all of CUSD Pre-K – 12th grade students. The Fund, created by mandate of the Chester Upland School District Recovery Plan of 2012, is a nonprofit intermediary capable of: raising funds; re-granting dollars; receiving goods and supplies; and providing strategic investments to support high quality in and out of school time opportunities that advance academic achievement and promote positive youth development for all CUSD students.
The Fund is incorporated and filing is currently underway to obtain 501(c)(3) status as a nonprofit corporation.
The Fund’s goals are to:
- promote a culture of achievement, where students are afforded high-quality opportunities that prepare them for post-secondary options
- support acquisition of teaching resources and tools required to create stimulating and safe learning environments in and out of school time, and
- develop public and private sector partnerships to support a continuum of learning for CUSD students
What We Do
The CUFFE will serve as a catalyst in creating new partnerships and generating innovation for the benefit of CUSD students to support the transformation of the District thus creating an academically rigorous, safe and nurturing learning environment.
Areas of focus include:
- enhanced academic offerings such as foreign languages, music and art
- better tools—enhanced libraries and teaching technology (smart boards, computers, etc.)
- out-of-school time—after school and summer school opportunities; more sports options
- repairs and enhancements—new roofs, HVAC system, stadium lights, etc.